|Posted By: Compusmurf (2004-10-31 14:21:48) |
Folks. I see Tully updated to 1.52.
Anything we should know before installing???
|Posted By: Compusmurf (2004-10-31 14:22:22) |
(Like uninistalling the previous, removing mods, etc?)
|Posted By: Tully (2004-10-31 14:23:37) |
Man you are fast. I just posted that.
If you have the 1.5 alpha installed then you should be able to just install the 1.5 beta over that.
If you do not have the 1.5 alpha installed then remove all your mods first.
Also 1.5 alpha mods will not work with the 1.5 beta so remove those as well.
|Posted By: Compusmurf (2004-10-31 14:25:16) |
Yeah, d/l the unitmaker and tried to import the saved A10.
Something about the "eof" reached or something.
|Posted By: Tully (2004-10-31 14:25:48) |
Here is what is new...
* units now have defense bonuses
* list of groups added to the lists screen
* cities are now have defense points and take a fixed amount of time to be captured
* cities can now repair themselves rather than building new units
* city production can now be turned off
* mods now have an order in which they run to help with mods of mods
* you can now see how much life an enemy unit or city has left in the status window
* unit costs rebalanced and ranges for units stats increased
* when in window mode on a PC the system cursor will now be shown when over the title bar
* problem with the game not staying in full screen mode on PC now fixed
* bug related to selecting items from the list views now fixed
* waypoints not showing correctly in AI vs AI games now fixed
* crash when clicking on engineer units fixed
* unit maker now support purpose and priorities
* when in item is clicked on in the production queue of cities and units it will be removed from the queue rather than selected
* other minor fixes
|Posted By: Tully (2004-10-31 14:27:17) |
It wont load the old mods but thats ok you dont really want to start with them anyway. The stats for units are all different now. Defense is in a range of 1-100 rather than 1-10, etc. Your old a-10 would be a wimp now, but probably only take a couple of turns to build. :)
|Posted By: Compusmurf (2004-10-31 14:27:56) |
Wow, gonna have to relearn the enemy...
Yeah, you mentioned that you were going to try to update the beta today, and I got a notice that something else I've been waiting for was updated, so while I was D/L the photo program, I stopped over here. When I saw that, I realized my daughter is going to have to go Trick or Treating by herself tonight!!! Just kidding. Kids come before programs! No, really!!!
|Posted By: Tully (2004-10-31 14:30:41) |
Hehe, thats why it's getting posted at 2:30. I had to get this done early so I could take my kid out tonight.
There has been some adjustment to the units but overall it should play the same way. The unit rebalance is going to require a lot of feedback from all of you. I am sure the balance is not right yet but before 1.5 final it will get there.