|Posted By: Tully (2003-02-17 14:36:56) |
Information about Pocket War betas will be placed here.
|Posted By: Tully (2003-02-24 21:43:07) |
Ok, I am almost ready to send out a beta of 0.96. If you are interested in trying out the beta send me an email. This is a closed beta it will only be available to people that have purchased Pocket War. You will need an account so if you have not received an email with your account password in it, and you want to try the beta send me an email.
Here is what is in the beta:
* new license codes - now you can generate your own from the account
* statistics - upload a file to metalshard.com and you can get its stats
* highscore - when you upload a saved game if you got a high score it will be posted on the metalshard website and pocketgamer.org
* smaller saved games
* units don't automatically die when attacking cities
* bug fixed where you could not set waypoints or see grid numbers on the edge of the map
|Posted By: Compusmurf (2003-02-25 14:51:42) |
Other things in the 0.96 beta:
* Load / Save game speed improvements
* Drawing speed increased
* Other optimizations
|Posted By: Compusmurf (2003-02-25 14:52:23) |
The 0.96 beta will be going out in about 6 hours or so. It will be added to the download section. It cannot load old saved game files but it will work with all of the old mods.
|Posted By: Compusmurf (2003-02-25 19:15:00) |
Any status on the update? And how did my name get attached to "anonymous" postings???
|Posted By: Tully (2003-02-25 19:23:39) |
Hehe, there is a bug that leaves me logged in as the person I created an account for, until I log out and log back in as myself. I must have posted all of those while I was still logged in as you. Then once you changed your forum name from anonymous to compusmurf they all changed.
I am uploading the beta now, so 20 min or so (max) and it should be good to go.
|Posted By: Tully (2003-02-25 19:28:27) |
Ok the 0.96 beta 1 is in the download section.
|Posted By: Tully (2003-02-25 20:53:27) |
There was a small hiccup in the first beta drop. It was missing a file. If you redownload the beta it is fine now.